Creating your list of cool and unusual bucket list ideas is a powerful tool.
Bucket list ideas are more than a fun list, it’s a gift to yourself.
It’s a north star that will always help you stay on course. And even give you a sense of purpose when life seems overwhelming.
You might ask yourself, “Whats a bucket list“
What is a Bucket List
Creating a bucket list is the simple process of pulling dreams from your head and to paper – or in this case website code.
Your list can be anything from epic adventures to a simple tasks.
Put down anything and everything that you want to do before you die, or rather kick the “bucket“.
I had no clue what crafting my ultimate bucket list ideas would eventually turn into.
It’s no easy feat. But it’s worthwhile.
Filling out your ideas is the first simple bucket list idea to check off your list.
WHY CREATE A BUCKET LIST?
Simple! The act of putting pen to paper and writing your own amazing bucket list ideas makes them come to life.
It makes them REAL!
Once your ideas are out, there it gives you direction and helps your personal goals.
A bucket list gives you a reason to skip that Starbucks frappuccino, train for that tough mudder, or set your sites on new life goals.
Once your list of ideas are written, they will spur you to save whether it’s for that backpacking Thailand trip or going to the biggest water park in the country.
Below are my ever-changing, never-ending, and great bucket list ideas.
Some of these are once-in-a-lifetime bucket list experiences, others are just simple bucket list ideas.
Go through this post and create your list of fun things to do.
Then set your own bucket list goals and achieve your dreams!
So I ask you, “What are you waiting for? Now is the time to cross off some of these unique bucket list ideas?”
How to Make a Bucket List
Everyone has things they want to do before they die (or “kick the bucket”). A bucket list is simply a list of those things.
Making a bucket list is easy. Just sit down and think about all the things you want to do in your life. It can be anything, from visiting a certain place to trying a new activity. Once you have a list of items, you can rank them in order of importance, or simply list them in the order in which you want to do them.
It’s a good idea to update your bucket list regularly, adding new items as they come to mind and deleting items as you accomplish them.
Some people choose to make their bucket list public, sharing it with friends and family. This can help to keep you accountable and motivated to accomplish your goals.
There’s no right or wrong way to make a bucket list, so go ahead and get started!
A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die.
Here are some tips on how to make a bucket list:
1. Make a list of things you want to do
2. Write down things that interest you
3. Choose things that are achievable
4. Add things that are personal to you
5. Have fun with it!
The Bucket List Ideas that Matter Most
The best list ideas are the ones that make You feel alive.
With bucket list ideas, the ones that matter most are the ones that make you feel alive. The ones that push you out of your comfort zone and force you to see life in a new way. The bucket list ideas that best align with your goals are the ones worth following. They aren’t something you can check off your list and move on with your life. They are experiences that change who we are as people and make us better human beings.
The best bucket list ideas aren’t things we think about doing when we’re old. Because they happen in the present moment right now. They don’t have an age limit or a time frame. Because they are about living each day to its fullest potential and not waiting for something to happen for us to be happy.
The best bucket list ideas come from within ourselves. And they are not given from outside sources or told to us by society at large. They are moments when we stop thinking about ourselves. And instead, focus on others; where we move beyond ourselves and into the world. Where we stop being afraid and start taking risks. Here are over 600 hundred things to put on your bucket list.
Unique Bucket List Ideas 2022 | The Ultimate List for Life
TRAVEL BUCKET LIST IDEAS
Let’s start big with our world bucket list!
These are some of the best bucket list things you can do all around the globe! Get ready to create your own epic travel bucket list.
- Make a Bucket List
- Wake up in a New Country!
- Get Lost Walking the Alleyways of Venice,
- Train Across the Trans-Siberian Highway
- Go Bungee Jumping at Victoria Falls.
- Hike in the Rainforest
- Ride the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad
- Stay a night with Bedouins in the Sahara desert.
- Spontaneously walk into the airport and buy a same-day ticket to wherever.
- Chill on the Beach in Costa Rica
- Eat Hundreds of different pasta in Italy! Did you know Italy has over 300 hundred types of pasta! (Just a little fun fact about Italy for you.)
- Spend the Summer Backpacking in Europe
- Take a Harry Potter Tour in Edinburgh
- Discover the beauty of Olympic National Park
- Thru-hike the Appalachian Trail.
- Boat Down the Amazon
- Learn Scuba Diving in Thailand. Thailand is one of the cheapest and best scuba diving destinations.
- Sail on a tall ship for a year.
- Let your inner child out at Disney World.
- Do Yoga in Bali
- Drive, Hike, or Camp in the Rocky Mountain.
- Take a Scenic Flight over Mt. Everest
- Stay at a T’ai Shen monastery in China
- Visit Padar Island in Indonesia
- Jet SKi to the Volcano in Santorini
- Paragliding in the Alps.
- Skydive in New Zealand (I highly, recommend this travel bucket list idea)
- Become a Dive Master in Thailand
- Spend a year traveling Asia
- Rickshaw Run
- Hike in Glacier National Park
- Sail to Antarctica
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Bike Around Gili T in Two Hours
- White Water Raft
- A Scenic Flight Over Milford Sound
- Discover How Amazing it is in New Mexico
- Go Zorbing in New Zealand
- Get Tattooed by a Monk in Thailand
- Eat New England Clam Chowder in New England.
- Coast Starlight Train Journey (Portland to Los Angeles).
- Ride Horses Through the Mongolian Steeps.
- Visit all 7 continents.
- Camp in a Ger in Mongolia, Genghis Khan Style.
- Take a Train Across the United States.
- Take a Day Trip From Your House to A Nearby Place.
- Live in Another Country a Year.
- Trek in the mountains of Nepal.
- See the White House in Washington DC
- Run with the Bulls (Check out how to run with the bulls and survive ).
- Swim With Wild Dolphins ( Kaikoura in New Zealand is my favorite place to swim with Dolphins).
- Motor Bike Around Cebu Islands in the Philippines
- Swim with Wild Whale Shark. (Suba Diving with a Whale Shark is still a big item on my list.)
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef to see all the tropical fish.
- Climb the Sand Dune in Colorado.
- Learn to Ski or Snowboard.
- Drive a Sand Dune Buggy
- Party at Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Go, Camping Solo.
- Sleep in an Overwater Bungalow.
- Scuba Dive in Indonesia.
- Find the Highest Mountain Around and Conquer it.
- The Walk of Faith in China.
- Spend Months traveling Thailand
- Explore New York City
- Learn Rock Climbing.
- Try Canyoning.
- Take in the view of Cape Town in South Africa.
- Meander Through Mordor
- Visit a country you know little about.
- Cover Route 66.
- Venture into the depths of the Pyramids.
- Explore the Valley of the Kings.
- Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Peru.
- Iguassu Falls (between Brazil and Argentina).
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef. (Great for Couples)
- Snorkel in the Galapagos Islands Archipelago.
- Listen to Holiday in Spain by the Counting Crows, in Barcelona.
- See the Statues of Easter Island.
- Visit the Amazon Rainforest. (Still a major bucket list item for me.)
- Wat Tum Sua Temple in Krabi, Thailand.
- Gaze at the Pools of Plitvice, Croatia.
- Train the Alaskan White Pass and the Yukon Route.
- The Terracotta Warriors.
- See Hadrian’s wall.
- Hike in the Snowy Mountains of Canada.
- Road Trip Kazakhstan. The country is beautiful but super flat, so make sure to have some road trip trivia ready.
- See Pandas in Chengdu.
- Take a Cruise Through the Fiordlands of Milford Sound.
- Experience Paris
- See the Northern Lights. (Crossing the Aurora Borealis off my list this year!)
- The Taj Mahal. (Another great idea for couples)
- Road Trip through the Scottish Highlands
- Boat in an Alligator Swamp
- Eat something crazy in China
- Spend a Week in the Wilderness of Denali National Park
- See the Grand Canyon from the Railway
- Drink a liter of beer at Oktoberfest.
- Kayak the Bay of Islands in New Zealand
- Hike 10k on the Great Wall of China
- Day hike the 4 sisters Mountain in Sichuan
- Motorbike Around Bagan.
- Ride any wobbly train in Myanmar.
- Ride a bike to a Neighboring State.
- Enjoy Big Sur
- Climb Mt. Fuji
- Walk the Steep Streets of San Francisco
- Take the leap at Bungee Jumping Queenstown
- Or maybe Bungee jumping NZ (If New Zealand is too far! Then go to the nearest bungee jumping experience and jump!)
- Live in a Silent Monastery a Week.
- Road Trip to the Coast of Ireland
- Sail Halong Bay in Vietnam.
- Venture into the Largest Cave in the World in Vietnam.
- Kayak the Colorado River.
- Zipline through the Red Woods.
- Explore the Temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
- Sleep Under Millions of Stars in Mongolia.
- Look for Nessy in Loch Ness.
- Embark on the Cass Scenic Railroad.
- Visit Stonehenge on Summer Solstice (The only day of the year there isn’t a fence).
- Sand Board.
- See the Chinese Pyramids.
- Drive the Great Ocean Road.
- Visit an African Tribe.
- Stay in an Underwater Hotel.
- Take a Helicopter Ride of Franz Joseph and Fox Glacier in New Zealand.
- Rent A Vespa and Ride Around Italy.
- Road Trip From North America to South America. Have a good road trip camera like a GoPro, (And there are budget options, check out our Akaso V50x review).
- Touch Antarctica.
- Complete the Annapurna Circuit.
- Trek to the Orangutan’s in Borneo
- Camp in the Grand Canyon.
- Sail the Dalmatian Coast of Croatia.
- Gaze in Awe at the Colorful Morticians in China.
- Wade Through the Streams of Antelope Canyon.
- Visit an off the Beaten Path Country like Bangladesh.
- Visit Everest Base Camp.
- Walk the Edge of Toronto’s CN Tower.
- Float in the Dead Sea.
- Skydive Over Mt. Everest.
- Visit the Home of the Gods on the Top of Mt. Olympus. (A bucket list goal that I have crossed off my list.)
- Sail the Nile River.
- Drive the Transfagarasan highway in Romania.
- Try your hand at Volcano Boarding.
- Let Your Jaw Drop at the Glow Worm Caves in New Zealand.
- Trek the Azores.
- Horseback Ride Through the Wondrous Iceland Landscape.
- Live like a Local at a Malaysia Homestay.
- Snorkel or Scuba in Egypt’s Blue Hole.
- Zipline between two Sky scrappers in Las Vegas.
- Sail the Best Islands in Greece
- Ride a Camel in the Desert.
- Hike the Stairway to Heaven in Hawaii.
- Party at the Yacht Week in Croatia.
- Go Paragliding.
- Visit a Unesco World Heritage Site
- Camp in Yellowstone.
- Drive the East Coast of Australia.
- Great Migration Safari.
- Climb the stairs to the Monastery at Petra.
- Motor Bike Through Vietnam.
- 4X 4 Around the Greek Islands.
- Visit every country on a Continent.
- Drive the Ring Road in Iceland.
- Kiss the Blarney Stone.
- Take Your Chances At Dracula’s Castle in Romania.
- Driving 1/3 the Planet on the Mongol Rally.
- Feel the heat of the Gates of Hell Kazakhstan.
- Drive a Jet Ski.
- Sleep on a beach.
- See the Book of Kells in Ireland.
- Visit some of the most beautiful places in the world.
- Venture on the Milford Trek.
- Ride Sled Dogs rides in Alaska.
- Hike to See Wild Silverback Gorillas.
- Go on outstanding Day Trips from Paris.
- Spend the night camping in Charyn Canyon, Kazakhstan.
- Go Cliff Jumping into Water Anywhere It’s Safe.
- See Whale in the Ocean.
- Road Trip Across New Zealand.
- Try Surfing in Bali
- Take in the Chichen Itza
- Celebrate Your Birthday at the Moulin Rouge.
- See the sunrise from a Hot-Air Balloon in Cappadocia. There is nothing like a sunrise hot-air balloon at Cappadocia.
- Venture to Mumbai and Get your Bollywood Career Started.
- See the Snow Monkeys in Japan.
- Climb the Top of Queenstown Hill.
- Go Rappelling in Dalat, Vietnam.
- Drive the PCH (Pacific Coastal Highway).
- Kayak under a Glacier in Alaska.
- Camp in Yosemite National Park
- Hold an Eagle in Central Asia.
- Spend a Day in the Zion Narrows.
- Look for Snow Leopards in India.
- Discover the Larapinta Trek.
- Drive Coast to Coast in America.
- Get Dangerously Close to a Komodo Dragon in Komodo National Park.
- Kayak in the Quirimbas.
- Discover Zero Gravity.
- Climb Mt Everest.
- Go Backpacking Around a Country Regardless of your Age.
- Hang Glide in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
- Scuba Dive Between Two Continents in Iceland.
- See the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul.
- Enjoy a Las Vegas Holidays with friends.
- Go to the Super Bowl!
- Explore Lake Louise in Canada.
- Visit the Blue Lagoon in Iceland
- See the Great Pyramid of Egypt.
- Watch Old Faithful in Yosemite National Park
UNIQUE BUCKET LIST IDEAS
There are a lot of standard bucket list ideas you might come up with. Some of them are the typical things that people include: climbing Mount Everest, going to Paris, falling in love, and so on. There are so many other unique options out there that people miss out on because they don’t think outside the box.
We’re going to cover some unique bucket list ideas here that we hope you’ll like. These are unique ideas that might not have even been considered by many people yet. Sometimes, the most unique things are just right under our noses!
- Do something you’ve never done before
- Go to the highest point in your state – this is such an insightful way to see how much there is to your country.
- Or reach the highest point in all 50 states.
- Learn How to Cook Your 3 Favorite Meals from Another Country
- Spend the Night in a Haunted Hotel
- Visit a Former Prison – Definitly a Unique Bucket List Idea
- Take a Tour in Serengeti National Park
Couples bucket list
A Couples bucket list is a great way to let your partner know what’s important to you and to have a fun thing to do together. Whether you’re a newlywed or have been married for years, these 25 couple-friendly activities will bring you closer together.
Unique Bucket List Ideas for Couples
1. Go on a road trip
2. Take a cooking class together
3. Go camping in the wilderness for the weekend
4. Learn how to play chess or another board game
5. Take dance lessons together
6. Watch your favorite movie at home with popcorn and blankets (bonus points if you make it a double feature)
7. Volunteer at an animal shelter or animal hospital
8. Have breakfast out at a restaurant on Valentine’s Day (or any other special day)
9. Visit each other’s childhood homes and see how they’ve changed over time
10. Go see an outdoor concert together (bonus points if it’s one of your favorite bands)
11. Ride a hot-air balloon
12. Try out skydiving
13. Go on a road trip with your family
14. Take a cooking class together
15. Go on a cruise together
16. Learn how to surf together
17. Go on an African safari
18. Go on a winery tour in Napa Valley.
19. Take a Couples Trip to Hong Kong
20. Have a Romantic Holiday in Cinque Terre
21. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride.
SIMPLE BUCKET LIST IDEAS
Looking to get started with your bucket list, but want to start with small personal goals in life?
Below are a few simple bucket list ideas that are quick and easy. These are some of the best things to add to your bucket list.
- Adopt an Animal
- Read 12 Books A Year
- Give Three Hugs A Day
- Wake Up And Watch the Sunrise
- Volunteer at a Shelter
- Do Something Kind Everyday
- Visit a Museum
- Learn a New Skill
- Think of a Fun Idea every week. Then act on your great ideas!
- Throw a Surprise Party for a Friend
- Go for a Bike Ride Once a Week
- Try Skinny Dipping (Take it one step further and take skinny dipping pictures) P.S. I’m not brave enough for skinny dipping photos.
- Make Friendship Bracelets with your Bestie! Is anyone else thinking about that episode of friends with the silver friendship bracelets?
- Set 5-year Personal Goals, then create a personal goals list, then head down that road.
- Camp in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Walk Across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Take a photo with Big Ben.
Adventurous Bucket List Ideas
- Take a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon or other places of interest
- Climb to the top of the Statue of Liberty in New York City and look out over the city from her perch high above Manhattan’s streets (or go up to the top of any other skyscraper)
- Take a road trip through America’s national parks
- Go skydiving/parachuting
- Climb the highest mountain in your country
- Go zip lining through the forest, jungle, or mountains! It’s so much fun and so exhilarating!
- Take a road trip across the world
- Come up with a good business idea
- Then start a Small Business
- Visit every UNSECO World Heritage Site
Small Business Ideas for Bucket Lists
If you’re looking for a fun, creative, and lucrative small business idea, we’ve got you covered. The following are just some of the many small business ideas that are not only fun but can make you money as well. Here are some bucket list items that might be a good small business.
1. Create a website where people can post their favorite recipes or new recipes they want to try out, and then sell the ingredients to them at discounted prices.
2. Start a blog about something you love (or know about) and monetize it with advertising or affiliate links.
3. Create an online store that sells products from various companies (for example, eBay), or sell your handmade crafts on Etsy or eBay.
4. Start an online store selling T-shirts with funny sayings on them like “My husband is always right because he’s my husband.”
5. Make custom clothing items for people like blankets or pillows, either through Etsy or another site like Cafe Press where you can set up your storefront to sell these items through them instead of having to worry about shipping them yourself every time someone buys one of your products!
SUMMER BUCKET LIST IDEAS
Let’s get started with our summer bucket list! The summer is the perfect time to cross off some of those goals. So if you are looking for some summer fun. Here are some bucket list ideas that are to add to your list of summer activities.
- Go to the Beach.
- See Mount Rushmore
- Host a Party.
- Try Paddle Boarding.
- Paint a Landscape.
- Pick Berries.
- Go Swimming in a Watering Hole, or Creek.
- Go Somewhere New.
- Spend a Weekend at an Amusement Park.
- Grab an ice cream recipe online, and then make Your homemade Ice Cream.
- Go to a Fair.
- Spend Time with Friends and Family
- Try a New Food.
- Feed the Birds
- Have a Costume Party
- Spend a Weekend Hiking.
- Act Like a Kid Again.
- Bake Cookies
- Road Trip With Friends.
- Go to a Concert.
- Go to the Summer Olympic Games
- Host a Cookout
- Do a Wine Tasting.
- Learn How to Fish.
- Master Making Your Favorite Summer Cocktail.
- Visit an Apple Orchard.
- Go to a Sports Game.
- Head to the crystal clear water of either Cancun or Tulum.
- Prank a Friend.
- Have a Movie Marathon.
- Relax in a Hammock.
- Work Out
- Watch the Sunrise and Sunset in one day
- Go Camping.
- Try White Water Rafting
- Strive to Be A Better Person.
- Stay Offline for a Weekend.
- Try Ultimate Frisbee.
- Go Kayaking.
- Try a New Restaurant Every Week
- Take a Well Earned Vacation.
- Shop at Your Local Farmers Market.
- Watch a Sunset.
- Visit a UNESCO Site.
- Experience a sunrise.
- Learn How to Barbeque.
- Master the Grill.
- Read A Book Outside.
- Learn How to play an instrument.
- Eat Your Weight in S’mores.
- Host a Family Reunion.
- Make Lemonade
- Go to an Outdoor Play
- Make Tie-dye t-shirts.
- Schedule some “Me” time.
- Lose Some Weight
- Visit a Family Member.
- Hop on the Plane.
- Play Cards With Friends
- Take a Trip to a Water Park
- Visit the Zoo.
- See Fireworks
- Mail a letter.
- Try to Build Something.
- Go Bird watching.
- Fly a Kite
- Make a Suncatcher
- Go Boating
- Have a Bonfire
- Learn to make a dessert
- Grow Your Herbs.
- House sit for a Friend
- Trying House sitting abroad.
- Find a Seasonal Outdoor Job.
- Learn How to Make Ice Coffee.
- Go Backpacking in a New Country.
- Take a Road Trip By Yourself.
- Visit a Museum.
- Bake Something for Your Neighbor
- Go to a Move-in-the-Park Night
- Build A Sandcastle
- Play Summer Sports like Volleyball.
- Slip n Slide.
- Write a Story
- Give Your Best Friend a Present
- Learn how to Rock Climb
- Visit a National Park
- Sit on the Porch and watch the Rain.
- Jump on a Trampoline
- Visit Your Local Library.
- Take Your Parents Away for a Weekend.
- Take Your Kid to a Children’s Museum.
- Gaze at the Stars.
- Go to a Local Festival
- Go Cliff-Jumping.
- Visit Somewhere In Your Hometown that’s New.
- Sing Karaoke.
- Watch a Parade.
- Make Hot Sauce.
- Camp in Your Backyard.
- Go to a State Park.
- Learn How to use a Hula Hoop.
- Go Running At Least Twice a Week.
- Try Mountain Biking.
- Sit Outside With Your Family Once a Week.
- Make a Dream Catcher
- Try to Skateboard.
- Go to the Pool
- Catch a Firefly
- Go Zip-Lining
- See your Favorite Band
- Go Whale Watching in Alaska.
- Dirve in PCH. The best coast highway in the USA.
- Go Hiking in San Diego
FALL BUCKET LIST IDEAS
- Crave Pumpkins
- Take a Road Trip Somewhere.
- Admire the Changing Leaves on a Hike
- Solve a Corn Maze
- Pig out at a Carnival
- Get Your Pumpkin Spice On
- Run a Themed 5k
- Have Friends Over from a Bonfire
- Create a new Summer Bucket List
- Roast Your Pumpkin Seeds
- Have a picnic in the Park
- Binge Watch TV on a Cold Day
- Learn a skill … like knitting
- Bake a Fall Pie. Like Apple Pie.
- Master Creating the Perfect Hot Chocolate
- Hike in the Fall Foliage
- Complete All the Best Hike in New Hampshire.
COOL BUCKET LIST IDEAS
- Traveling by Train
- Visit the “Top of the Rock” in New York
- Explore the Pyramid of Chichen Itza when traveling to Mexico.
- Renting out a pool at your local hotel
- Swimming in ice-cold water.
- Try a different cuisine for every meal for one month.
- Learn Horseback Riding
- Visit every continent of the world
- Live under a different alias for one month.
- Live in a different country for six months, no more, no less.
- Create a video with another vlogger on YouTube to go viral
- Make a video in each state you visit.
- Drive the Amalfi Coast in Italy.
FUNNY BUCKET LIST IDEAS
Okay, we have enough adventure ideas. What about a fun activity that is simple and fun. Some of these crazy bucket list ideas will keep you entertained.
- Object at a Wedding Ceremony.
- Call A Random Person Just to Talk.
- Go to A Themed Wedding.
- Ask a Stranger If You Can Have a Hug.
- Ask a Stranger to Coffee.
- Build a Snow Fort
- Hold the Door Open for People.
- Introduce Yourself to Someone New Every Day
- Play an Extra in a Movie
- Dance in the Rain
- Teach Your Dog to Respond to Tricks in Another Language.
- Dress Ridiculous and Go Shopping
- Send a Message in a Bottle
- Had Out Flowers to Random People
- Learn a Card Trick
- Make Jello Shots
- Help a Random Person
- Cut Your Beard in a Funny Style
- Learn How to Juggle
- Geek Out at Harry Potter World
- Spend an Hour a Day Learning a New Talent
- Go Christmas Caroling With A Group of Friends.
- Make Up a Card Game
- Invent a Cocktail
- Hit Your Friend with a Water Balloon
- Watch Saturday Morning Cartoons as an Adult
- Do a Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Marathon
- Visit all the Places Lord of the Rings and where Hobbit was filmed.
- Play a game of croquet.
- Build a Blanket Fort
- Last a Minute on a Mechanical Bull
- Go to a Comic Book Convention
- Play in the Rain
- Make Your Recipe
- Play Mini Golf
- Go to an Arcade
- Name a Star After Yourself
- Send Yourself a Letter
- Make a movie.
- Start a Nerf War
- Host a Movie Night Outside
- Plant a Tree
- Spend a Day Coloring
- Have a Pillow Fight
- Take a Selfie every day for a Year
- Walk Around Barefoot for a Day
- Take a Selfie with a Guard at Buckingham Palace (respectfully)
BUCKET LIST ITEMS FOR SELF IMPROVEMENT
- Travel… Just Travel.
- Be a Responsible Tourist.
- Write a New Book.
- Figure Out How to Drive A Manual.
- Take Guitar Lessons.
- Wake Up Early.
- Start a Passion Project.
- Before bed, write one thing you want to do the next day!
- Then Do It!
- Find Your Passion
- Put Your Camera Away and Enjoy The Moment.
- Learn How to Love on a New Level.
- Surprise someone you care about with a selfless gift.
- Strive to be more present in the mundane activities of the day.
- Master One Skill.
- Watch at Least One Sunrise a Month.
- Read a Book a Month for a Year.
- Lose 10 Pounds.
- Learn How to Ski.
- Act in a Play.
- Start Cross Kit.
- Cook a new Dish Every Week.
- Face A Fear.
- Figure Out an Escape Room.
- Take a Gap Year.
- Permit yourself to fail.
- Teach Yourself Sign Language
- Take Cooking Lessons.
- Try Intermittent Fasting.
- Take a Photography Course.
- Give at least 1 Hug a Day.
- Get Out of Your Comfort Zone.
- Meditate 5 Days A Week.
- Teach English in Different Country.
- Challenge Yourself Daily.
- Travel International
- Take a Bubble Bath with a Book Weekly.
- Piano Lessons.
- Set Aside Personal Time With Yourself.
- Paint a picture.
- Watch a New Documentary once a month.
- Buy A Homeless Man Lunch.
- Raise Your Credit Score.
- Graduate College.
- Visit a New Country Every Year.
- Learn a Magic Trick.
- Go With Friends to a Murder Mystery Dinner.
- Tell Someone You Love Them Every day.
- Conquer a Fear.
- Start a Conversation with a Random Stranger.
- Keep a New Year’ Resolution.
- Write Your Dreams Down.
- Watch Less TV.
- Make a list of great date night ideas list. Then take treat your significant other to those great date ideas.
- Master Shuffling Cards.
- Volunteer in Local Groups.
- Find a Role Model.
- Talk to Your Role Model.
- Start Thinking Now Like the Person You Want to Become.
- Judge People Less.
- Make a lot of Mistakes, but Learn From Them.
- Surprise Someone with Flowers.
- Volunteer in Another Country.
- Play a Sport.
- Take a Masterclass.
- Chase Your Dream.
- Listen to Podcast.
- Live Life Like there is No Tomorrow.
- Keep Chasing Your Dream When You Fail.
- Cook with your Family Once a week.
- By School Supplies for a Kid in Need. This is also a great summer bucket list idea.
- Donate to a Charity.
- Expect Magic in Each Moment.
- Start a Travel Blog.
- Save a Pet at the Humane Society.
- Join a gym.
- Go to a seminar.
- Spend Time in Nature.
- Use Said Gym Membership.
- Run a 5K.
- Fly in a plane.
- Start a New Business.
- Make a Long-Term Investment.
- Stop Caring About What Other People Think.
- Discover a New Band Every Week.
- Set aside time for friends.
- Work for yourself.
- Take Flying Lessons.
- Plan for the Future.
- Learn From Your Mistakes.
- Build Something, Anything.
- Tell Your Mom You Love Her.
- Master a Skill.
- Travel as a family.
- Solve a Rubix Cude.
- Learn Taekwondo.
- Take VideoGrapher Lessons.
- Try Public Speaking.
- Take Swimming Lessons.
- Never, Ever Give Up.
- Read a Book on Self Improvement.
- Limit Your Weekly Phone Time.
- Educate Yourself.
- Find a Podcast that Inspires You.
- Schedule Your Time!
- Then Rigorously Follow that Schedule
- Find Your Discipline
- Focus on Small Improvements.
- Stop Thinking About the Future.
- Learn to Live in the Moment.
- Let Your Actions Reflect Your Goals.
- Create a list of great dinner ideas, or great appetizer ideas that everyone should eat once. Then eat them!
- Tick off everything all the things to do in Vancouver Washington
- Teach Yourself Graphic Design
- Explore a Content Idea and start a YouTube Channel.
- Write a guest blog post on a big publication.
- Go to your high school class reunion
- Make Passive Income
Creative Bucket List Ideas
1. Be more creative
2. Join a club or group related to your passion
3. Start a blog about a subject your love.
4. Volunteer in a new way
5. Learn something new (go back to school, take an online course)
6. Read books you normally wouldn’t read: biographies, self-help books, fiction novels, or poetry collections
7. Watch movies that inspire you or expand your mind (documentaries are great too)
8. Take up drawing or painting as a hobby
9. Try a new food from another country (or even just the next town over)
10. Learn how to sew (or do other types of crafts)
11. Get back into an old hobby you loved as a kid (like drawing, playing instruments, etc.)
12.Learn to knit/crochet/sew/embroider/etc.
13. Take art lessons or classes on your own time (painting, drawing, sculpting, etc.)
14. Be a part of a photo shoot.
15. Take an improv class and be in a play.
16. Learn how to dance salsa, swing, ballroom, or any other dance you’ve always wanted to learn how to do.
17. Take a cooking class and learn how to cook something new that you’ve never tried before (or even heard of before).
18. Go to an open mic night at your local bar and perform your favorite song or poem (or both).
CRAZY BUCKET LIST IDEAS
Get a tattoo of a map of all the places you have been or want to go. You can even get it as a temporary one. How cool would it be to have a map of your travels on your body?
Purchase a plane ticket as soon as you get your first paycheck and go to that place for the first time.
- Go to all 50 states in the United States (U.S.). This one is pretty self-explanatory!
- Improve your language skills by going on an immersion trip to a country where they speak that language.
- Compete in a Human Tower Competition
- Ride a Harley-Davidson motorcycle down and discover all the odd attractions of Route 66.
- Go to Burning Man (if you’re adventurous enough).
- Explore an abandoned building or shipwreck off the coast of Florida or California.
- Go to an amusement park
- Go on a cruise to the best islands in the Caribbean
- Take a hike up a mountain or mountain range (better if there’s snow)
- Go camping in the wilderness for at least three days. Or go glamping in Tennessee
- See wild animals in Kruger National Park
- Swim in Lake Michigan in Winter
MORE BUCKET LIST IDEAS Travel
The thing about travel is it helps you realize how small our world is. We are all so interconnected, and the sooner we realize this, the better our world will be. Take the time to travel if you have the means to do so, and don’t let anyone talk down travel as a waste of time or money. Travel has some of the best things to put on your bucket list.
- Spend New Year in New York (Make sure to check out the best quotes about New York.
- Become Conversational in another Language.
- Get Wet and Wild at Song Kran.
- Stare in wonderment at the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City.
- Visit Times Square.
- Drink a Shot of Whiskey at the Jameson Distillery in Dublin.
- Shop the Floating Markets of Bangkok.
- Drink a Guinness in Ireland.
- Drink Wine on the French Rivera.
- Get Fat Eating in French pastries in France.
- Hear the Echo of Gladiators past in the Colosseum.
- Get Soaked on the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls.
- See the Statue of David in Florence.
- Go to a Movie Premier in LA.
- Listen to the Beatles in The Cavern Bar.
- Go to KTV in Asia.
- Alaska Railroad’s Coastal Classic.
- Meet the Dalai Lama.
- Walk Across Abby Road.
- Watch the Sunrise at the Taj Mahal
- Watch Meteor Shower.
- Climb the Stairs of the Eiffel Tower.
- See what is left of the Berlin Wall.
- See the Wonders of the World.
- Stay in a Hostel.
- Spin a Globe and go Where it Lands (Unless it’s the Ocean).
- Celebrate New Year in Another Country.
- Wander the ruins of Pompeii.
- Drink Vodka in Russia.
- Visit East Hollywood in Yinchuan, China.
- Shop the Quirky Markets in Camden Town, London.
- Go Swimming with the turtles in Ningaloo.
- Fall in Love with Lisbon.
- Boat Inle Lake in Mayanmar.
- Binge Watch Lord of the Rings in New Zealand.
- Learn how to make pasta in Italy
- Check off all the things to do in Florence
- Apply to be on the Amazing Race (Then Win and Split the Money with Me for the bucket list ideas).
- Date a girl from a Foreign Country.
- Do a Pub Crawl in Amsterdam.
- Watch in Bruges…..in Burges.
- See Wild Elephants.
- Drink Absinthe in Prague.
- Stay With Locals a Week in Another Country.
- Explore Stockholm.
- Rent a Car and Drive the Coast of Portugal.
- Visit Cape Town.
- See the thousands of year-old faces of the Terracotta Warriors.
- Visit a Hindu Temple.
- Become a Tourist in Your Home Town.
- Walks the Walls of Dubrovnik ( Game of Thrones fans know it as Kings Landing).
- See a Play on Broadway.
- Eat French Fries in Belgium.
- See the Pope at the Vatican.
- Travel to Madrid.
- Learn How to Roast Coffee Beans.
- Make your list of great dessert ideas from around the world, and then start making your way through the list.
- Travel Solo
- Climb to the Top of Phi Phi Island.
- See the Black Sea.
- Train from Athens to Istanbul.
- Drink Egg Coffee in Vietnam.
- Have A Drink at a Speakeasy.
- Have an Indian Jones moment as you walk through the Canyon to Petra.
- See the Hollywood Sign.
- Over Indulge on French Crepes in France.
- Swim with Pigs at Pig Beach, Jamaica.
- Make the Newspaper for an Achievement.
- Sing in a Flash Mob.
- Drink Sangria in Barcelona.
- Take Fencing Lessons.
- Visit the Black Pebble Beach on Santorini.
- Learn How to Blow Glass.
- Travel to the Shire in Middle Earth (aka New Zealand).
- Ride a Bullet Train.
- Swim in the Ocean.
- Complete a tough mudder race.
- Explore Japan
- Visit a Winery.
- Eat Sugary Waffles in Belgium.
- Ride a Ferry.
- Watch Stunning Sunsets in Santorini.
- Go on a Trip With Friends.
- Chow on some Baklava in Istanbul.
- Get Lazy on an Island.
- Kiss a Strange on New Years’ Eve.
- Get on Live TV.
- Visit the Best Markets in Mexico City.
- Eat Tapas in Barcelona.
- Get Blessed by a Monk in a Buddhist Temple.
- Couch Surf at a Locals.
- See the Volvo Ocean Race.
- Visit Chiang Mai.
- Join an Ultimate Frisbee League.
- Work on a Yacht.
- Start an Online Business.
- Go Shopping in Milan.
- Get Colorful at Holi in India.
- Eat in a Michelin Star Restaurant
- Visit a Location of your Favorite Movie.
- Touch 4 States at Once.
- Take a Photo With A Stranger.
- Bike Around Europe.
- Learn to Draw.
- Drive without a Destination.
- See Tom Riddles Grave in Edinburgh.
- Gamble in Vegas.
- Party in Ios, Greece.
- Take a Haka Tour in New Zealand.
- New Chinese New Year’s in China.
- Be an Extra in a Movie.
- See the Funeral Ceremonies in Varanasi.
- Live in Another Country.
- Swim at Katharos Beach when backpacking Greece.
- Learn Kite Surfing.
- Walk in Central Park.
- Experience a Japanese Tea Ceremony.
- Eat French Fries in Burgess.
- Spend a Night on a Boat.
- Drink Wine in Tuscany.
- Watch the Horse Race in Sienna, Italy.
- Stay in Night in a Windmill in Greece.
- Play in (and win) a Rugby Game.
- Understand Rugby Rules.
- Learn how to Ride a Horse.
- Eat-In and Out Burger.
- Teach Yourself How to Master Cooking.
- Run a 4 Minute Mile.
- Live Life to the Fullest.
- Write Down “What Should I Do Today?”.
- Then do It!
- Watch a Meteor Shower
- Go to a Planetarium
- Chill on a beach in Bora Bora
- Tour the Sydney Opera House
- Explore Traverse City
- See the end of all the attractions of Route 66 at Santa Monica Pier.
Bucket List for Nature Lovers
1. Witness the beauty of the aurora borealis
2. Visit every national park in the United States
3. Take a safari in Africa
4. Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
5. Camp under the stars in the Australian Outback
6. Swim with dolphins in the Caribbean
7. Explore the rainforest in South America
8. Visit the Great Barrier Reef
9. Hike in the Swiss Alps
10. Kayak through the fjords of Norway.
11. Camp in Acadia National Park
Bucket List Ideas to Do with Friends
1. Road trip to a new destination
2. Host a themed party
3. Visit a new city
4. Take a cooking class
6. Go camping
7. Play tourist in your own city
8. Have a picnic
9. Take a bike ride
10. Go for a nature walk
Entertainment Bucket List Ideas
Sometimes we all want to chill. Even then, there are some unique bucket list ideas to cross off your list. Here are some entertainment bucket list items to cross off your list.
1. Attend the Academy Awards
2. Go to a Super Bowl game
3. Be a contestant on a game show
4. Attend the Cannes Film Festival
5. See the Mona Lisa at the Louvre
6. Spend the day at Disneyland or Disney World
7. Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in person
8. Attend a performance of The Nutcracker
9. Watch Every Marvel Movie in Order
Finance + Luxury Bucket List Ideas
Have some extra cash to burn! Here are some luxury bucket list ideas to add to your list. While enjoying some of the finer things and luxury items life has to offer.
1. Attend the Cannes Film Festival
2. Stay in a luxury suite at the Ritz-Carlton in Paris
3. Invest in a piece of art from a renowned artist
4. Purchase a rare vintage wine
5. Charter a yacht for a weekend cruise
6. Stay in a five-star hotel in Tokyo
7. Indulge in a day of spa treatments
8. Travel to an exotic location for a beach vacation
9. Invest in a piece of jewelry from a prestigious designer
10. Attend a black-tie event at a prestigious venue
11. Have a Luxury Vacation on the Big Island.
Food & Drink Bucket List Ideas
1. Eat at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
2. Try a wine from every wine-producing region in the world
3. Sample a traditional dish from every country in the world
4. Take a cooking class in a foreign country
5. Brew your own beer
6. Make your own cheese
7. Taste a dessert from every continent
8. Go on a wine tour
9. Attend a food festival
10. Sample a street food from a different country every day for a month
Food & Drink: Weird Bucket List Ideas
1. Taste a weird food combo that you’ve never tried before.
2. Try a new type of cuisine that you’ve never had before.
3. Take a cooking class and learn how to make a dish from a foreign country.
4. Sample a bunch of different types of alcohol and find your new favorite drink.
5. Drink out of a novelty glass or mug.
6. Brew your own beer or wine.
7. Make a cocktail that you’ve never tried before.
8. Eat a dish that is considered an aphrodisiac.
9. Cook a meal for a date using only aphrodisiac ingredients.
10. Try a new type of cuisine that is considered an aphrodisiac.
More ideas for Bucket List
Still don’t have enough ideas for bucket lists or want another idea for an unforgettable experience? Check out these fun ideas to add.
- A scavenger hunt. This is a great way to get people involved with each other and provide some entertainment at the same time. You can make it as difficult or as easy as you want, depending on your budget, but try to make it something that everyone can do together.
- A photo booth with props
- A photo contest where attendees take pictures throughout the day and then vote for their favorite ones at the end of the event
- A live DJ or band playing music during dinner and dancing afterward
- Live music during dinner (with a band or performer)
- Be an Extra in a Movie in Los Angeles.
- Learn how to cook a new recipe every week for a year
- Take an improv comedy class
- Visit the Historic Center of A Country you know nothing about.
- Learn how to dance like Beyoncé (or at least try!)
- Visit Kennedy Space Center
- Have Two Incredible Experiences A Year
- Watch A Solar Eclipse
- Visit the Historic Center of Your Country
- Start Everyday by saying “I will have Amazing Experiences”.
More Ambitious and Fun Bucket List Ideas
- Scuba Dive in a Coral Reef
- Hike or Train to Machu Picchu
- See the Cherry Blossom Trees
- Visit Every Walt Disney World in America
- See 5 Different Types of Beautiful Sceneries Each year
- Start a Bee Hive
- Hike Through Horseshoe Bend
- Camping in Horseshoe Bend
- Spend New Years in Times Square
- Visit Loch’s in Scotland, like Loch Ness
- Hang on the beach in Bora Bora
- Visit the Historic Center of Rome
- Explore the Historic Center of Barcelona
- Vow to Live a life of Incredible Experiences
And there we go! Hundreds and hundreds of great bucket list ideas! Everyone is an unforgettable experience. And enough ideas to keep us busy for a lifetime!
What unforgettable experience and unique bucket list items are you going to conquer first?
16 thoughts on “600+ Bucket List Ideas | Best Bucket List Items For Travel, Adventure, and COuples”
love this site â€“ it’s a great blog â€“ may i suggest you get an rss feed.
Thank you. Rss feed is up!
this is awesome!!!! youve made me want
to see and do all this on my travels as well! woop woop!!!!!!
Awesome! If you have any Ideas to add let me know. I am always looking for New Adventures. Maybe New Years in New York should be up there!
I love this!
Here are some of my top ones:
Live with Buddhists monks in Nepal and learn meditating.
Hike the Inka trail to Machu Pichu
Go on pilgrimage to Santiago De La Compostela, Spain
Bungee jump over the Iguaçu falls
Scuba Dive in the Galapagos islands
Hang glide over Rio de Janeiro
See the Zebra-migration in Serengeti
Cross a country on a bicycle
Visit the Easter Island
Here’s a link to my bucket list of traveling; http://pursuit-of-life-satisfaction.com/my-bucket-list/
I hope you can find some inspiration for future travel destinations there! So much fun with bucket lists!
Live with Buddhist monk in Nepal! That is going on my list asap.
Great List, some of them I have done already but some of them id you allow I’m gonna add to my own one 🙂
Go for it! Glad I could give you some ideas!
Hey Stephen, nice list! I saw this a few days ago and decided to post my own one- it was fun!
Great! I had fun making mine to. The only problem is I keep adding things! my list needs an update :0
wow what a great list! 🙂 hope you make it to the dead sea- it is such an amazing experience. wish I was able to stay there longer! Make sure you have NO cuts at all anywhere on your body or you will run as fast as you can out of there! And I’ve always wanted to be in a flash mob too! Thanks for sharing!
Great advice. I’m an accident prone person so I will make sure I cover up all my scrapes.
Thank for sharing really nice information which is very usable for every traveler. Great festival i would like to see as soon as possible.
Thanks Deepak, I hope you get there soon!
How are you making money from you site? Travel blogging is very tough. Wish you the best of luck. Doing great.