101 Fun Facts About Me (New 2020)
For those curious about who I am, here are over 100 plus fun facts about me.
This facts are meant to give you a glimpse into the travel, and non-travel side of me. And also as a way to connect with you – the readers of this blog.
I’d love for you to chime in, in the comments and share some fun facts about yourself!
101 Fun Facts About me
- My biggest adrenaline rush was Running with the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain. The Mongolia Rally was is a close second.
- The hobby that I could never give up is traveling, obviously. Also this travel blog. Through this site, I will help inspire as many people as possible to travel.
- I have visited over 65 countries in my life. My goal is to travel to every country in the world.
- I’m originally from a small town in Ohio.
- My favorite season is fall because of the mild temperature.
- I was spent 14 days camping in the wilderness of Alaska. And came face to face with a Grizzly Bear. It was the most terrifying, and rewarding experience of my life.
- This is an embarrassing fact about me. But I have seen the Lord of the Rings Trilogy at least 20 times.
- My favorite country in the world is Italy. The country has played a huge role in my life. It was the first country I solo traveled. It was the first country I took my mother too, and I met my wife at Carnival in Venice.
- Speaking of my wife. She is from Sweden, and I am in the process of moving to Sweden. One not so fun fact about me is that Immigration is a pain to deal with.
- I have a huge sweet tooth. Meaning I have to watch my diet very carefully.
- As much as I love sweets my favorite ice cream flavor is plain vanilla.
- The first time I skydived it was over Lake Taupo in New Zealand. It was breathtaking.
- The scariest moment of my travels was when I was in the back of a Russian Cop car.
- In 2018 I celebrated three different New Year celebrations around the world. New Year’s Eve in America. Chinese New Year in February in Yinchuan, and Thai New Year in April. That was year B.E. 2561 on the Thai Buddhist Calendar.
- My favorite cuisine is pasta, especially when I am backpacking Italy on the cheap.
- I once drove from London England to Ulaanbaatar Mongolia. The journey took almost 60 days and covered 1/3 of the world.
- My non-alcoholic drink of choice is a chaser for my alcohol.
- My alcoholic drink of choice is tequila.
- The thing I find most attractive in a person are eyes. Personality-wise, it is carefree, go with the flow attitude.
- I mostly listen to audio-books over the music.
- I’m an avid reader. As I am going through books and blogs I look for descriptive words to help expand my vocabulary.
- I’m allergic to bees. If we are ever traveling together and you see me start running around in a panic…..it because of a bee.
- My pet peeve is the sound of a fork scraping on someone’s teeth. It physically sends a sharp pain through my head. I don’t know why.
- My least favorite country in Kazakhstan. (But I was insanely sick most of the time).
- I hate the smell of freshly cut grass. It sends me into a sneezing fit.
- I’m most scared of dying without living.
- People who are indecisive really annoy me.
- The most boring sport to watch is all sports.
- I can speak a little Thai (I’ve spent a lot of time backpacking Thailand) and a small amount of Chinese. Chinese was the hardest to learn. I am in the middle of learning Swedish
- I can bake the most amazing cheesecake. Baking is a new hobby of mine.
- I can do a really good Scottish accent. Well, I think it is good.
- The Comic Book Museum (one of the coolest things to do in Brussels) is one of the most unique museums I’ve visited.
- I once wrote a book about Planning an Around the World Trip. You can read it for free with Kindle Unlimited.
- My three favorite countries are Italy, Thailand, and New Zealand. I love Italy for history and food. Thailand for the culture and food. And New Zealand for the landscape and adventures.
- I work harder than most people. I have a rigorous morning routine. When I am not traveling I am up at 2 a.m. to start working.
- I have another blog called Copenhagen Rocks. It’s new, but it’s already showing great promise.
- I first traveled solo when I was 22.
- I got a Sak Yant Tattoo in Thailand. And the picture was featured in Forbes.
- New Zealand has the most stunning landscape on the planet. There is no other place like it on the planet. The points of interest in New Zealand are simply unforgettable.
- The Tongariro Crossing, in New Zealand, is the best day hike I’ve ever been on.
- Another fun fact about me… throughout my travels, I have lived in 5 countries. The USA, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, and Sweden.
- My next trip is to Ecuador in the fall.
- I love to travel so much because it brings the world to life, makes me a better person, and lets you visit some of the most beautiful places in the world.
- The one thing I always take on my travels is a good book, and the rest of my travel gear I can’t live without.
- When I go on an adventure, I like to not plan very much and go where the road takes me.
- The most remote place I have ever been to is Bangladesh. In almost three weeks I only saw one other westerner (and they were working at the hospital)
- I have 1 sibling.
- I am the youngest child in my family.
- In Ohio, I have a Great Dane named Apollo. He’s huge.
- My fondest childhood family memory is playing in the woods around my house. (We lived on a farm for a few years).
- My blogs offer a couple of great coupons. Like this Airbnb coupon code, and this Uber Promo Code.
- I have been with my spouse/partner for 1 year. We have no children. And no plans to have any in the near future. We still have a lot of traveling to do.
- My great grandparents immigrated to America from Ireland.
- My family name is Schreck (sounds like Shrek – but I’m not green) And it means Frightened Ghost.
- I have known my best friend for 20 years.
- In my group of friends, I am considered the adventurous one.
- My friends and I most often talk about music.
- I’ve spent most of the last 8 years traveling the world. I’ve spent most of that time in Europe, Asia, and Oceania.
- I have been a bridesmaid to one of my closest friends when she got married.
- The first country I traveled too overseas was Ireland. I’ve gone back many times since checking out all the best places to visit in Ireland and checking my list of 40 things to do in Dublin.
- My friends and I used to spend our long summers partying at various lakes.
- My favorite subject at school was history
- My dream job is working as a travel blogger. I’m doing my dream job.
- But when I was a child, I wanted to be a conductor when I grew up.
- My first ever job was cooking at Pizza hut
- My first proper job after graduating was blogging.
- My most embarrassing job was food delivery.
- The thing I like most about my job is helping others travel.
- My favorite part of the world is Europe. I’ve been to almost every country on the continent.
- But I still have a huge list of the best places to visit in Europe that I am dying to get to.
- I’m practically addicted to coffee. I drink at least two posts a day.
- A few of my inspirations are David Goggins, Joe Rogan, Michael Jordan, and Kobe Bryant.
- I collect plane tickets from every country I visit.
- I’m never been able to get the hang of surfing. Even with the help of friends couching me.
- I’ve been to Thailand 6 times and spent almost 2 years in the country.
- Another fun fact about traveling. I’ve been to Italy at least 12 times. I can’t get enough. I love Italy.
- I released baby turtles back into the wild in Malaysia.
- I’m super proud of my instagram! You should follow along.
- My guilty pleasure is cream cheese icing.
- The achievement I am most proud of is that I’ve had the courage to follow my dreams.
- My idea of Heaven on Earth is wandering the world living out of my backpack.
- I’ve stayed in hundreds of hotels and hostels. I prefer hostels because of the social atmosphere. (What is a hostel like? Find out here).
- I’ve only crashed a motorbike once. While road-tripping around Burma. It made me suffer a few bruised ribs and road rash on my arms and legs. Even though I could barely walk I was on a motorbike two days after.
- The best advice I ever received is to live your life like a documentary crew is following you around.
- My first car was a 2005 Brown….something. I can’t remember.
- I have never tried Kimchi, but I know I would love it.
- I have 8 tattoos and/or 3 piercings. 6 of my tattoos are travel-related, and I’ve gotten them in various different countries.
- My favorite childhood toy was the gold sword from the movie Hook.
- I spend far too much money on video games
- My celebrity crush is Natalie Dormer.
- The first thought when I wake up in the morning is normally “Win the Morning.”
- My earliest memory is of our family dog in the hallway.
- If I could live in any other era of history, it would be the Roman era because of obsessed their history. I’d also like to see the Old Kingdom in Egypt.
- I would most like to learn portrait photography. Eventually, I want to start photographing tribes in South America.
- One fun fact about me is that I one day dream of having my own travel show.
- The thing I love most about me is my drive and ambition.
- My worst habit is biting my nails.
- If my life were made into a film, I’d like Tom Hardy to play me.
- If I could live anywhere on the planet, it would be the Amalfi Coast in Italy.
- I do believe in extraterrestrial life.
- I once met Guy Fieri in a castle in Italy.
10 Bonus Interesting Facts About Me
- My favorite T.V Show is Breaking Bad. Although, I was obsessed with Lost. And my favorite TV show still running is Peaky Blinders.
- If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life it would be Tacos.
- I hope to retire on the coast of Italy with my wife someday.
- My favorite post of the blog are backpacking guides.
- I often use quotes to get me over fear. I written down my favorite life is short quotes, and quotes about adventure.
- I’m grumpy in the mornings.
- I once saved for two years straight for my first trips around the world.
- I hate mushrooms with a passion.
- I love spicy food.
- I’ve bungee jumped three times in New Zealand, and Nepal.
There we go! Over 100 fun facts about me! Which one did you find most interesting? Use the comments below and share a fun fact about yourself. Travel or otherwise.
Want more fun facts? Then check out these 101 Facts About Italy or Facts About Greece.
Let Your Voice Be Heard on the
101 Fun Facts About Me
50 Things to do in Florence (New 2020) Florence is one of the most important historical and artist cities our planet has ever seen. There
The 51 Most Beautiful Places in the World To Visit in 2020 Are you looking for the most beautiful places in the world? Well, you’ve
10 Things to do in Tucson (that will have you packing your bags) When I mention visiting Tucson, you might not think that there are many
SafetyWing: (The Best Insurance for International Travel) Trying to find the best insurance for international travel, then get ready for a treat. Over the next few